Name: Cassidy Vanden Hoek
Where were you born and raised?
· I was born in Mitchell, SD, and raised in the country with a family business and a farming operation in Corsica, SD.
Describe your family.
· My parents are Keith and Val Vanden Hoek, the owners and operators of Southside Farm Services. I have 2 older brothers, Clayton and Cody, and one younger sister Carly, who is going into her junior year of high school. Clayton (Ashley) have 2 children, Luna and Oliver, and Cody (Faith) also have 2 children, Huntlee and Henry. I enjoy spending time with all of them and just having a good time which normally consist of playing cards or trap shooting.
Local SDFRW Club:
· Aurora Douglas Federation of Republican Women
How long a member?
· 1 year
What are the club’s activities?
· We are a small new group, so we are still trying to figure everything out. We had a “Bring a Friend Night” with root beer floats and State Representative Marty Overweg gave us an overview of the past legislative session. This summer we are looking forward to participating in parades and booths at craft fairs.
Education: Dakota Christian High School and currently attending Black Hills State University for bachelor’s degree in accounting with a minor in pollical science.
· Eventually hoping to be an accountant for a state department but currently I am serving as an Accounting Intern with Department of Labor and Regulation in the Fiscal Division in Pierre.
What is your greatest achievement?
· Not giving up when life got hard and just fighting through all the different battles that came my way, and I didn’t do it alone. Today, I continue to push myself to be my best.
Tell about your most exciting moment in life.
· I have had a lot of exciting moment in life so far but one that stands out to me is my drive home from college for this past thanksgiving. It was exciting because I received the email that I was accepted to be a Legislative Intern. I just remember reading that email and then having to reread it because I didn’t believe it the first time and then screaming from the excitement and shock in my car. My brain ended up going blank because there was to much running through my head at once. Looking back at that moment, that email has changed my life and opened so many doors.
Why do you belong to SDFRW:
· To be supported as a young Republican woman and grow my friendships with the amazing women I have meet through SDFRW.
What is our greatest challenge as Republicans?
· Seeing the low number of active college republicans but we are working on it.
Who is your favorite Republican and why?
· Former President Trump because he stands for what he and many republicans believe.
Favorite quote or Bible verse:
· “It is what it is” -Unknown
o This just reminds me to continue when life isn’t going as I planned but it is what it is, and you must continue.
· John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Any further comments:
· I am currently the youngest member of Aurora Douglas Federation of Republican Women. Over this past legislative session, I worked for the South Dakota House of Representatives as a republican intern. I am also a proud member of my local Right to Life group, TriCounty Right to Life.
2021 Video in Review
Republican ladies working tirelessly to make it a better place.
We Believe that lives of ALL Children are worth saving.
Our candidates can't win their races without our and your help. Word-of-mouth, flyering, and the donating of time are all ways of helping us achieve our goals together.
Check Out What's Happening.
New reports are coming in all the time
Keep Coming Back!