In preparation for an exciting 2022 election year, I wanted to send out a friendly reminder about our SDFRW Endorsement Policy. Please refer below to the copy and pasted sections from our SDFRW By-Laws (September 2020). Thanks for all you do, as we work together to get Republicans elected up and down the ticket in November!
Sara Frankenstein (SDFRW By-Laws Committee Chair)
Section 11. Candidacy for Public Office
1. It is a State Federation policy that SDFRW as an organization shall not take sides in a
Republican contest for public office, whether the position is at the local, county,
legislative, state or federal level, prior to the Primary Election or State Republican
2. Should a member in a leadership position, whether in a local club or SDFRW, choose
to run for office at a local, county, legislative, state or federal level, said member
shall be relieved of her duties as an officer of SDFRW or the local club until the
Primary Election or State Republican Convention has been completed.
a. The purpose is to maintain a position of objectivity and non-bias.
b. The member may return to her position of leadership at the completion of the
Primary Election or the State Republican Convention.
3. Should a member in leadership position, whether in a local club or SDFRW, choose
to run for office as an independent or a candidate of another party at the local,
county, legislative, state or federal level, said member shall step down from her
position. This applies to the Primary Election, State Republican Convention and
Section 12. Endorsement Policy
1. The President and Campaign Chair shall not publicly endorse any candidate
for public office in any primary, runoff, special or non-partisan race where
two or more known Republicans are in the race.
2. No endorsement or evidence of support by any member shall be issued
using the SDFRW affiliation, logo, or stationary
3. An officer of the organization who is a candidate or whose spouse or family
member is a candidate shall be exempt from this rule, however, they may
not do so in the name of the organization by utilizing the logo or stationary
of the state federation or local club.
This is Suggested Revisions to our existing bylaws. Any Questions, contact members of the bylaws committee.